Is your school doing great things for young carers? Or does your school want to do more for young carers?
Increase identification, improve outcomes and gain an Award for your school through the Young Carers in Schools programme, run locally by Barnet Carers Centre in partnership with Carers Trust and The Children’s Society.
The Young Carers in Schools programme is a free England wide initiative making it as easy as possible for schools to support young carers and awarding good practice.
By participating, your school will:
• Learn how to identify hidden young carers
• Increase the attendance, attainment and wellbeing of this vulnerable pupil group
• Demonstrate you are meeting the needs of this particularly vulnerable group of pupils (specifically mentioned in Ofsted’s Common Inspection Framework, 2015).
• Access additional support including tools, templates and good practice examples
• Gain national recognition for raising outcomes for young carers through the Young Carers in Schools Award
Barnet Carer Centre provides 1:1 support to schools / expert advice and guidance and attends network meetings making it easier than ever for you to get involved.
Get involved and join other local schools to share learning, practice techniques and gain expert advice, practical tools and essential feedback.
Contact Rebecca Prangley (Carers Support & Educational Liaison Officer) on 020 8432 2092 to find out more.