BYCAS Hubs and Outings
BYCAS Hubs, 4 each Month – 2 for 5-11s, 2 for 12-17s
· 1st Saturday of Month at Sense, EN5 5TJ for young carers aged 5-11
· 2nd Saturday of Month at Canada Villa, NW7 2BU for young carers aged 5-11
· 3rd Friday of Month at Sense, EN5 5TJ for young carers aged 12-17
· 4th Friday of Month at Canada Villa, NW7 2BU for young carers aged 12-17
If you wish to attend please book by the Thursday before, you can email us or call the centre: email email@example.com, mary.harris-mayes@
You will also need to book onto transport if required.
During all Hubs, Transport and Trips a member of play-staff can be contacted on the BYCAS mobile 07399 733203 in case of emergencies.
Transport Service for Hubs
A minibus will stop at 5 stops in the area, picking young carers up and taking them to the Hub. The bus will stop at the same stops in reverse after the Hub, dropping young carers off where they were met. A Play Worker will be escorting the young carers on the bus to and from the Hub.
· Parents have responsibility to ensure their children are safe getting to and from the stop and waiting for the bus.
· If you drop off your child at the bus stop we will be expecting you to be waiting there to meet them after (unless you tell us they can go home alone). You must be there on time as to meet them as the bus will be unable to wait.
· The bus can only stop at each stop a couple of minutes, so please ensure you arrive promptly. Please also be aware the bus can get stuck in traffic and you may have to waiting longer than expected sometimes.
Transport to BYCAS Hubs at Sense, EN5 5TJ
Minibus Stops –
1) Corner of Russel Lane and Gallants Farm Road, outside Sun Newsagents
Pick-up – Sat : 12:30 / Fri :16:30, Drop-off – Sat: 16:30/ Fri: 20:30
2) Tesco Extra – Colney Hatch End – outside main entrance Pick-up – Sat: 12:45 / Fri: 16:45, Drop-off – Sat: 16:15/ Fri: 20:15
3) Vineyard Grove (N3 2EQ) – off Squires Lane – Pick-up – Sat: 12:55/ Fri: 16:55, Drop-off – Sat: 16:05/ Fri: 20:05
4) On Barnet Lane by alley way entrance to Dollis Valley, opposite park (Near number 55 Barnet Lane) Pick-up – Sat: 1:10 / Fri: 17:10, Drop-off – Sat: 15:50/ Fri: 19:50
5) Bus Stop on Wood Street by corner with Queens Road Pick-up – Sat: 1:20/ Fri: 17:20, Drop-off – Sat: 15:40/ Fri: 19:40
Transport to BYCAS Hubs at Canada Villa
1) Bus Stop D on Vivian Avenue- Near Hendon Central Station (outside number 10, International Food)
Pick up – Sat: 12:30 / Fri: 16:30 – Drop off – Sat: 16:30/ Fri: 20:30
2) MacDonalds – Corner of Colindeep Lane and Edgware Road – meet by entrance
Pick up – Sat : 12:45 / Fri :16:45 – Drop off – Sat: 16:15 / Fri: 20:15
3) Bus stop N outside Burnt Oak Station
Pick up – Sat : 13:00 / Fri :17:00 – Drop off – Sat: 16:00/ Fri: 20:00
4) Edgware Library – outside entrance
Pick up – Sat : 13:10 / Fri :17:10 – Drop off – Sat: 15:50/ Fri: 19:50
5) Orion Primary School – outside by the road
Pick up – Sat : 13:20 / Fri :17:20 – Drop off – Sat: 15:40/ Fri: 19:40
Wide Range of Activities
Alongside one of the hour-long health and wellbeing sessions, each Hub session would also offer a range of activities, such as:
- Alongside general activities (games consoles, group games, air hockey, mini- nail bar) each Hub session also offers a range of activities such as:
· Arts and Crafts sessions
· Manga Comic drawing workshops
· Street dance
· Health and wellbeing workshops
· Basic cooking and recipe writing
· Group and peer support discussion sessions
· Informal mentoring/121s
· Sports and Gym sessions
Refreshments are served at every Hub.