School can be a challenge at the best of times. With the extra pressures experienced by Young Carers, success in school can often be low on the priority list.
Our dedicated Educational Engagement and Support Officer works in schools across Barnet to support Young Carers to reach their full potential. Our services include:
- Facilitation of group support sessions to build peer support networks within schools.
- Running school assemblies, workshops and training sessions to raise awareness of Carers Rights and the support services available.
- Supporting teaching and pastoral staff in their work with Young Carers in their care.
- Free tuition support for Young Carers in need.
- GP & HOSPITAL OUTREACH VOLUNTEERS WANTED
- Would you like to learn more about the welfare system? Check this out!
- Barnet Carers Centre is offering a full day First Aid Training course
- Dysphagia Awareness Training
- Barnet Carers Centre is one of the three charities selected for Asda’s Community Life programme “Chosen by you”